Friday 6 May 2011

Podersdorf 2011 revieuw


Hello everybody!


It’s been since the First day of Podersdorf since I updated my blog, I wished I could have done more but somehow my laptop didn’t want to connect to the internet anymore so I had to wait till I was back home before I could get a blog update.


At the 3rd day of the PWA the wind kicked in for about 1 hour to get a few heats done and give me a moment to get used to the conditions. I put on my wetsuit when it was not even windy but I knew it would come as there was a rain cloud coming and the wind was already increasing and it was right after being in my wetsuit for 3 min the wind kicked in and I was the first man out there! Everything felt good and I couldn’t wait for the wind to kick in on Tuesday!


After a day without wind the wind fully came on Tuesday giving us full power conditions for 4.3 and 4.0 during the whole single elimination, everything went great with all my 3 heats good sailing. With big konos, culos and airfunnels I made myself part of the top 8 after the single elimination where I got stopped by Golitto Estredo, 4 times world champion although I had my best heat of the day with for sure my best shovit-spock ever!


The next day the double started at 6.30 in the morning in much lighter wind which went up and down the whole time making it difficult to decide on sail size. I would have to sail against Phil Soltysiak to keep my place in the double and stay in the top eight but it didn’t work out like I wanted. I got confused in which heat I was and just as I was going out to give my 5.3 a test run to decide between 4.7 & 5.3 when I saw the red flag going up for my heat and had to go out and sail with a setup I had not fully tested which gave me a big disadvantage.
I tried to make the best of it but the sail was too big and I could not reach the same level of sailing as the day before.  I still tried to do my best but I lost with a 2 to 1 decision losing by half a point against Phil who was really on fire with doing kono, culo and burner every heat and was for sure the hardest opponent for the top 8 riders to beat.


This meant a 9th place after the double which was a bit disappointing for me as I knew if I sailed like the day before I could have done better, but still top 10 so I hope I can sail top 10 every competition and hopefully even better!


Now I’m back home to study for a whole month before I will leave the 30th of May to Sardinia for the EFPT over there. But this weekend looks already windy so hopefully we still have a lot of sailing days left here in Europe!

Cheers Dieter    

No comments:

Post a Comment