Tuesday 10 July 2012

Trip to Lanzarote


Hello everybody

picture by Jonas Roosens

The past 2 weeks just have been sick. The day before I left to lanzarote we got a really strong southwester at home and I finally made it out on sea again for a short session before I had to go back home and pack up again. I was pretty overpowered on my 3.7 S-1 and Quad 69 but just managed to hold on. It weren’t the biggest waves but there were some good ramps to do some big backloops and a few turns on the way in. After that it was fast packing up and of to the airport the next day.

picture by Jonas Roosens

In Lanzarote the king of style Tonky Frans came to pick me up and we went straight to the beach but unfortunately the wind wasn’t the best anymore and it was better to unpack everything a bit less stressed and go for a session the next day. The next day the wind was nice for a 4.8 session and there were still some waves left to do some jumping on which makes sailing more fun as you can do big shakas, backloops and airflakas on the way out and all the new school moves on the way in. In my second session of that day Tonky joined me and made me push my shovit spocks much more tweaked than before and I have to be honest they are not as good as his yet but I did some of my best shovit spocks of my live that session!!


pictures by Tom Brendt

The next few days the wind dropped and I had to wait (actually just 2 days) to Wednesday to get back on the water again it started with a nice session on 4.8 and was promissing for the next days. After that we got some really nice strong wind days with 4.4 and 4.0. Sometimes pretty flat but other times there were nice waves on to get some nice jumps. Don’t think I ever went that high with my freestyle board but it’s still in one piece so all good, don’t know to much about my knees sometimes but so far they are still allright. All by all I have been sailing every single day since Wednesday so about 11 days in a row and there are still a lot to come!!


pictures by Tom Brendt

I just been having great fun here on the water together with Tonky, But also with Yoli de Brendt and Tom  Brendt who are also here for 2 weeks to train and enjoy the conditions. Besides the nice sailing sessions it was great to see Anxton Otegui again who still has the best restaurant/bar “Mi piace” of the whole island making me eat way to much pizza and drink to many nice beers while watching Spain become European Champion in soccer.
I’ll be sad to leave Lanzarote but can’t wait to get to Fuerte, stronger winds and flat water let it come!!

pictures by Tom Brendt

Cheers Dieter

No comments:

Post a Comment