Tuesday 7 May 2013

PWA Podersdorf, Austria


Hello everybody


Last month has been a real busy one! After Bonaire I was one week at home before I left to Sardinia for 2 weeks, one week of training and one week of teaching for the Next Generation Project but more about this on the website (ngp-windsurfing.com). The most important thing the past month was the PWA in Podersdorf which was the kick off of the season!


 First of all it was great to see everybody from “The windsurf” scene again! The atmosphere was really good and you could see everybody was fully concentrated to get a good start of the season! Like last year it was again really warm and almost summer temperatures instead of the usual cold we get in Podersdorf and of course warm means South wind! One day, one single and one double done after 10 hours of competition, I never saw this before in the PWA and I don’t know if this is ever done before in PWA history but it was a good call as it was the only good windy day to compete in of the entire week!


 For me it wasn’t the best day, I couldn’t find my rhythm in the heats and lost super close against Antony Ruenes again in the single leaving me in 9th place after the single. In the double I could get a little bit more into the rhythm and was happy to advance every heat as the level of the other riders was extremely high making it always pretty close heats. I had one heat where I was happy with in the double and that was against Tonky Frans to get in the top 8th luckily enough I shinned at the right moment. After that I met Bjorn Saragoza who sailed an amazing heat which left me without a chance of winning as I didn’t come close to my level again.


So all by all 7th it’s not another 9th place again in Podersdorf but I know where I have to work on for Fuerteventura which will be a 7 day competition for Freestyle only (longest ever) so lots of heats will be sailed there! But first I still go to the EFPT in Russia where getting the Visa is a bigger travel than getting there, but at least I can say I’ve been to Russia, hope for some good wind there!


Cheers Dieter

No comments:

Post a Comment